The inspiration behind my original compositions comes from a number of places. Sometimes it's imagery or a picture that I hold in my mind, other times it's color, texture or movement that I feel. That's right, I feel color.
In this blog post I've chosen seven of my original harp compositions that feel like summer. These are Intermediate level pieces, which require a larger harp with 34+ strings.
I've put the pieces in an attractive order in case you'd like to create a relaxing summer set. Click on any title to view the sheet music in the shop.
Hope you enjoy listening and learning!
1. SAMBRO CREEK the nimble fingerwork feels like sun sparkles on the ocean.
2. LITHA captures the feeling of relaxing in the warm, summer sun.
3. STARLIGHT REFLECTION creates the gentle shimmer of stars on calm lake.
4. BELLE BAIE creates the imagery of a beautiful oceanside vista.
5. LATE SUMMER LULLABY features an expressive melody and flowing arpeggio patterns. Imagine sleeping in a hammock under your favorite tree.
6. GOLDEN HOUR encourages you feel the beautiful golden light of late summer.
7. TO THE EDGE OF THE RIVER requires artistry and expression to capture the essence of this magical piece.