CHORD TOWN is a clever approach to making beautiful music with chords and patterns. As a pianist and harpist, I feel it is important to offer a practical book that is designed for both instruments. After visiting Chord Town, you will come away with a set of valuable skills to enjoy.
You'll be able to collect lead sheets of favorite songs, figure out tunes by ear, or use your imagination to improvise and compose your own music.
Chord Town offers the fundamentals to help you feel successful with chords and patterns at the harp or piano. Here's what you will learn:
- Common ways to move through the six basic chords in C Major
- Left hands patterns for creating beautiful accompaniments
- How to read lead sheets
- How to enhance a melody by adding harmony notes
- How to choose your own chords for a melody
- How to add introductions, endings and interludes
- Learn cadence templates
- Use triads and inversions for "smooth move" chords in the right hand
- Use non-chord tones to dress up a melody
- Using lyrics for rhythmic inspiration
- How to expand a lead sheet with variations
Learn all of these valuable skills using familiar tunes like "Red River Valley", "Happy Birthday", "Lavender Blue", "Early One Morning", "Shenandoah", "Morning Has Broken", "The New World Symphony Theme", "Brahms' Lullaby" and "Waltzing Matilda".
Pages: 29 pages
Format: PDF (instant download by email)
Instrument: piano or harp
Level: Early Intermediate